Saturday, October 14, 2006

A visit with Della Liggett

Della May (Reneker) Liggett, a resident of Pebble Creek Convalescent Center, was photographed by me when Helen and l visited her on Saturday, October 14, 2006. Della can no longer remember many things but we had a nice visit in the dining room. The center is in a quiet section a short distance from Interstate 77 just south of Akron at 670 Jarvis Rd., Akron, OH 44319.

Della, , who celebrated her 78h birthday on May 22, 2006, was married on October 22, 1967 to William Fenton Liggett who died June 19, 1997. Their son, Sheldon Scott Liggett, is a travel nurse in Greenville, NC.

Here's an update from Sheldon:

I have an apartment here for the days I work and still have the house in Florence, SC where I had moved when I transfered with the company I worked for in Ohio. In Novemeber, I will be giving up the house in Florence and Steve and I will be making our home here until the hospital either no longer renews my contract or
we are ready for a change of scenery. The money is good and the area is nice and slowly growing. The hospital is huge, basically about the size of Akron City Hospital, and is a level one trauma center. It is a great oppurtunity to travel and see and work in different areas to see where might be a nice place to settle down when I retlre.

Sheldon's e-mail address is loctordanue@yahoo.com

Cards can be sent to Della at Pebble Creek at the address listed above.

No comments: